ASSOCIATE, ADVISORY PRACTICE
We are looking for an Associate to play a key role in delivering on our mission by supporting consulting projects and driving operational effectiveness. The successful candidate will bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition, recognizing that as a small, but growing firm, we take an “all-hands on deck” approach.
As an Associate at Article One, you will work with leading global companies to drive a range of human rights, responsible innovation, regulatory alignment, and sustainability consulting projects.. Your primary focus will be supporting client projects, including through research, analysis, stakeholder interviews, and project management support.
The Associate role is a full-time position, based in San Francisco or Washington DC. The role may require up to 30% travel.
The Associate will have the following responsibilities:
Project Support: The Associate will primarily work on client projects, including:
- Conducting research and analysis, including on industry best practice, regulatory developments, and stakeholder expectations in human rights, responsible innovation;, and sustainability;
- Interviewing corporate clients and external stakeholders, such as NGO representatives and local communities;
- Planning, coordinating, and supporting workshops and other events; and
- Developing and presenting client deliverables.
Communications and Events: The Associate will spend approximately 15% of their time supporting Article One’s events and communications, including:
- Organizing virtual and in-person Article One events;
- Developing conference sessions and representing Article One at external events; and
- Developing blog posts and social media content.
The ideal candidate must be passionate and knowledgeable about human rights, responsible innovation, and/or sustainability and believe in the power of business to drive positive impacts, be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and bring a client service mentality. Specific expectations include:
- Demonstrated expertise in human rights, responsible innovation, social and environmental sustainability, or a related field;
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, with consulting or client service experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, with an advanced degree, preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to conduct research and analysis suitable for a business audience;
- Ability to undertake business travel about 30 percent of the time; including international travel; and
- High ethical standards, passion for driving responsible business practices, and a humble, collaborative, and empathetic approach to engagement with colleagues and clients.
Article One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse team enhances our ability to provide expert guidance to our clients and promote our vision of a world where all people are free and equal in dignity and rights. At this time, we can only consider applicants authorized to work in the US.
If you are looking to join a fast-growing organization in a dynamic and high-impact field, we would love to hear from you! Please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.