MANAGER, RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION
The Manager, Advisory Practice plays a key role in delivering on our mission by managing consulting projects in our human rights, responsible innovation, and sustainability practices. We are looking for an experienced project manager, with an entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition. This is a rapidly evolving field which offers a wide variety of opportunities to collaborate with the world’s largest and most impactful companies to drive positive impact.
To grow our team, we are seeking a Manager with a demonstrated track record of consulting on sustainability, business and human rights, or on the environmental impacts of business. The Manager’s primary focus will be the management and implementation of human rights, responsible innovation and/or sustainability consulting projects.
The Manager role is a full-time position based in Dublin, Ireland. At this time, we can only consider applicants currently authorized to work in the EU, and willing to be based in Dublin. The role may require up to 30% travel for field work related to projects.
- Project Management and Implementation: The Manager will spend approximately 70% of their time managing client projects across a range of industries. The work of the Manager will include:
- Managing the consulting project, from inception to delivery
- Managing the project team, plan and budget;
- Conducting research and analysis for project deliverables;
- Applying best practice consulting for our clients;
- Facilitating client workshops and interviews;
- Scheduling and conducting regular project check ins with client and project team
- Conducting field level assessments around the world where relevant; and
- Drafting and presenting deliverables to clients.
- Business Development: The Manager will spend 20% of their time supporting the creation of new business opportunities, including:
- Operational Excellence: The Manager will spend 10% of their time supporting Article One’s overall operational excellence and representing the company externally.
The ideal candidate must be passionate and knowledgeable about human rights and sustainability as well as bring a strong client service mentality, believe in the power of business to drive positive impacts, and be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial start-up environment.
Specific expectations include:
Demonstrated management level expertise in the field of business and human rights or sustainability, either consulting to or within companies;
By this we mean five to seven years of relevant management experience, with at least two years of project management experience;
Master’s degree in a relevant subject, such as MBA, JD, MPA, MPP, LL.M;
Experience in environmental & social impact assessment
Proven track record of success leading and managing client relationships;
Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple, disparate projects simultaneously;
Experience managing teams and individuals;
Excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation and meeting facilitation;
Ability to undertake business travel up to 30% of time, including internationally; and
High ethical standards, passion for human rights, and a humble, collaborative, and respectful approach to engagements with colleagues and clients.
Article One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse team enhances our ability to provide expert guidance to our clients and promote our vision of a world where all people are free and equal in dignity and rights.
If you are looking to join a fast-growing organization in a dynamic and high-impact field, we would love to hear from you! Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.