MANAGER, ADVISORY SERVICES (DUBLIN, IRELAND OR UNITED KINGDOM)
Article One is a specialized strategy and management consultancy with expertise in human rights, responsible innovation, sustainability and regulatory alignment. Our mission is to partner with the world’s leading companies to drive transformative change that places people at the center of business.
The Manager, Advisory Services, plays a key role in delivering on our mission by managing consulting projects primarily within our regulatory alignment practice, and also in our work across human rights and sustainability. Joining a dynamic and fast-growing social enterprise, we are looking for an experienced project manager with an entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition. This is a rapidly evolving field which offers a wide variety of opportunities to collaborate with the world’s largest and most impactful companies to drive positive impact.
The Manager’s primary focus will be the management and implementation of consulting projects. This includes leading project teams, drafting deliverables, developing recommendations, and managing project workplans, budgets, and timelines. The remaining time will be focused on supporting the development of new business opportunities, managing events and communications, and advancing Article One’s operational excellence, including career development.
The Manager role is a full-time position based in Dublin Ireland, or, alternatively, remote working for our European office in Dublin from the United Kingdom. We will also consider excellent candidates in our US East Coast locations, including Washington, DC, and New York City. The role may require up to 20% travel for fieldwork related to projects. We will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in Ireland or United Kingdom.
The Manager will have the following responsibilities:
To manage client projects within our regulatory alignment practice, and to provide crossover support for our work in human rights, sustainability and responsible innovation. Projects will span a range of industries such as consumer products, ICT, agricultural and fresh produce, hospitality and technology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the project team, timeline, and budget
- Leading day-to-day client engagements on consulting projects, with a focus on assisting companies to progress alignment with regulatory requirements for human rights and environmental due diligence and sustainability, including the EU CSDDD, CSRD, and national regulation
- Conducting human rights impact assessments at corporate, country, and product levels
- Conducting research and analysis for project deliverables
- Facilitating client workshops and interviews
- Conducting field level assessments around the world
- Drafting and presenting project deliverables to clients
- Drafting project proposals
- Supporting communications, including writing blogs and thought leadership pieces
- Organizing Article One events
- Representing Article One at external events
The ideal candidate must be passionate and knowledgeable about human rights, regulatory requirements in the field (including CSDDD, CSRD) and sustainability (including double materiality assessments). They should bring a strong client service mentality, believe in the power of business to drive positive impacts, and be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Specific expectations include:
- Demonstrated expertise in human rights, regulatory alignment, and sustainability
- Prior experience in responsible business, either in-house or advising companies strongly preferred
- At least five years of relevant experience, including in consulting or responsible business, with at least two years of project management experience.
- Proven and demonstrated track record of success managing client relationships or corporate programs in Article One’s practice areas
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple, disparate projects simultaneously
- Experience managing people and furthering their career development preferred
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, particularly Law, Business, Sustainability, Environment, or another relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation, and meeting facilitation
- Ability to undertake business travel about 20% of the time, including international travel
- High ethical standards, passion for promoting responsible business practices, and a humble, collaborative, and empathetic approach to engagements with colleagues and clients
Article One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse team enhances our ability to provide expert guidance to our clients and promote our vision of a world where all people are free and equal in dignity and rights.
If you are looking to join a fast-growing organization in a dynamic and high-impact field, we would love to hear from you! Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.